Saturday, August 15, 2009

Waggin' on the run.

I love working out. I am a good student of the gym - learning the most effective way to do this or that, which muscle group does this or that. But I'm built like a rugby player and my natural ability is strength stuff - weights, weights and more weights. My arms are solid as are my legs.

So today, warming up on the elliptical machine waiting for my trainer I thought .... mmn, not doing it for me. I looked at the treadmill and said "go on, just try it"
You see, my secret dream is to be able to run. To be the kind of person that talks about the runners high and thinks about which marathon to train for. I want my kids to hold that bronze New York Marathon meddle in their tiny, sticky hands and think 'wow, my mum ran all that way'.

So I walked onto the treadmill and punched in the numbers. I took the speed up to the highest walk I could manage and then I punched in one more time. My feet lifted up, I lent slightly forward and I started jogging. I punched in again and I started running.

I STARTED RUNNING !!!!!!!

I ran for a minute on and a minute off for 15 mins. I could have done more and tomorrow I will. Weight loss rocks!! In these remaining 4 weeks before transfer I want to reach 15 mins non stop running.

This gives me something to think about other than the DE cycle, the possibilities and the dreaded hope.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm so impressed - I tread almost every day but definately a brisk walk. There are just too many loose parts for running at this point!

    Glad you have a goal - this sounds doable and gives you something to reach toward besides insanity as you enter the IVF crazy zone.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog - I was never really wanting that job, I'm happy with my little orchestra gig. But I can tell I've improved a ton with all the regular practicing (who'd have thought?!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool -- I admire so much your work ethic for training and your sticking to the weight loss plan. It is beyond inspiring. I just last week downloaded something called "couch to 5K" and was thinking about running but the reality is that I don't have time to myseof to take a shower most days, let alone run. We have a erg rowing machine and I hope that over the next few months I'll be able to get back to that. Love to you,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete