Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday

I am still excited about the DE cycle but my excitement has been put on the low light. Not because of one thing or another, undoubtedly there is pain out there, but because I have been taught something these past few days.

The pain of my fellow bloggers out there has put my journey into perspective. The IVF and IUI's have become my focus. It feels like I have been swept away with the medical side of things, the increased possibilities and the drugs etc
My focus is not getting pregnant but to become a mum. I want to be a mum. Whatever that might mean, in whatever form.
I do have a family - my little cats and my DH. Have I let them slip into the background. Yes. That is how my little one got so sick - I didn't take care of her, didn't notice she stopped eating or that she was too quiet. I was so focused on losing weight, getting pregnant, drugs, injections, money blah blah... that I didn't do my best for these furry purries that have given me unconditional love for many years now.

So, out of all the heartbreaking darkness this week, this is my light. It has taught me to care for what I have as well as hope for what I will have, soon. One way or another.


3 comments:

  1. A nice thought. Care for what you have as well as hope for what you will have, soon. I should post it on my bathroom mirror to remind me to live each day to its fullest and to enjoy what gifts I do have. I too, am so focused on being a mom that everything else falls by the wayside most times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. It's so hard to get wrapped up in this whole struggle/journey that we often neglect and overlook all the wonderful things that we do have in our lives. I know that I, myself, quit nurturing many of my friendships or have closed myself off because they have kids and I don't. My biggest fear is finding myself one day with no kids and no friends. Thanks for the reminder that we all need to care for what we do have while we hope for what we want for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful said. But don't be too hard on yourself about not noticing miss kitty getting sick. Those kinds of illnesses can come on very quickly, and when you did notice, you were completely devoted to her, even to the detriment of your own health and mental well being....as any good mom would!

    ReplyDelete