Friday, August 21, 2009

ICWL week

Hello to those visiting from ICWL week. This is the first time I have done it so I shall follow the lead of others and a BIG HELLO to the two new followers.

Background for those that don't already know:
We have been trying to have a baby for..ages. Married to a creative chap and we live in NYC. We have tried 4 IUI's, 2IVF's and we are now on our first Donor Egg cycle. For those that don't know what that is ... we get a donated gamete and inseminate it with DH's sperm. Then, with the 65% chance of success, we pray for a healthy implantation, gestation and birth. I will be the babies biological mother but not their genetic inspiration.

I go to Cornel.l for treatment and so far I have been pregnant once for a nano-second. I did have a natural pregnancy but I miscarried at 11 weeks.

I have also just lost 30 pounds in order to help the DE process. Since I have started L.upron (Evil Lupron EL) I am hungry ALL the time!


Meanwhile .... my worry about being pregnant. I POAS this am and got a BFN. YIPEEEEEEE. never so happy to see that bright pink line hanging out all solo. So my tail is wagging I am barking less and have even treated myself to a detox at Bliss Spa in Soho. It is the same cost at a regular massage and I get to be scrubbed, rubbed and wrapped for 90 mins. You know why I am doing this? Because I want to shed the 1.6 pounds my weigh in told me I had gained last week. OBSESSED! Well, that and the fact that it will totally freakin rock!!

I am also meeting colleagues that I really enjoy hanging out with this afternoon and we are doing an off site - going to the movies!! It is totally boiling outside (or hotter than a badgers arse as we say where I come from ) so movies and gym are all I plan to do today.

I am highly irritated and have a damn headache - I hate EL - but at least it feels like AF is on her way. I would say 4 days. Every day is one step closer to trying again. It seems weird that this is our last try. Our last hurrah.

fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Great way to kick of ICLW! And for any newcomers reading this comment, what EB didn't tell you is that she is incredibly smart, hugely talented, has a will of steel and will put a NY cabbie in his place in a NY nanosecond! Furthermore I am sure this DE cycle IS GOING TO WORK! I hope you have a great ICLW experience. Happy Weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey -- hoping you had a great afternoon and a relaxing weekend with no headaches, work- or EL-related. I relate to your work rant; really, this working for a living especially when there are so many nutty bosses and clients involved is just, well, it's not my favorite thing either. Love to you,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete