Saturday, March 21, 2015

What the? Where have I been??

Hello out there. I do hope all is well with everyone. All is well here. We have had major changes and some things stay the same.


The kids are 4 1/2 going on 14. Right now they are laying top to tail on the couch complaining that the TV shows they are watching  SUCK MAMMA!!

They started preK in September and luckily we are in a great catchment zone. Mimi's teacher rocks. Pip's teacher needs to take some antidepressants I swear!  However, they are reading and writing and counting and socializing and all is fine for PRE-K kids.

I had a major health issue. Went in to hospital in October and had a big operation. It was a very difficult time but the upside is I lost 60 pounds and its got me on the way to healthier me. I still have weight to drop believe it or not.  Food means a while different thing to me now. It's odd. And good.

Work is the usual roller coaster.  I am in the process of changing jobs again. Again. Its all a bit odd. My present employers are trying to get to me to resign quickly. Most of it is that my Boss is incompetent and is worried that I will spill the beans.  Blah - corporate bullshit. What matters to me is that I stood my ground, counter offered and even if they get to feck me over I am proud of my work, team, integrity and basic human decentness in a totally morally bankrupt environment.

New Stuff
Kids and I went snow shoeing for the first time - rocked.
We walked on a ice lake
We are about to buy big kid beds.
We camp. A lot!
Pip is superhero mad
Mimi is pink mad.
Whining still driving me insane.  I.N.S.A.N.E

Whats happening with you ?



7 comments:

  1. Welcome back EB - so nice to see your name pop up in my reader.
    xo
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey EB, Kara's Mom here. Long time no talk. How's it goin'? I hope all is well with you and the family! drop me a line at BabetteMurphyATgmail.com xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How the bloody hell are you? Miss you! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your blog is very inspiring! Especially for women over 40. Life really doesn’t end in 40-50! It’s only the beginning! You’re absolutely right! It's never too late to become a mother. I know it from my own experience. I gave birth to my daughters when I was 61! During my whole life there were no man to have kids with. I was not really lucky in choosing partners and there were no one whom I wanted to have kids from. So here I am, 58 years old, no kids no family. I thought that it's too late for all these. So I came to terms with the situation and continue my lonely life. But in a couple of months I met my Jorge - the love of my whole life, a man who loved me with his whole heart, a man, whom I gave all my love. All those failures in love were just wiped out and forgotten. Now I have him and nothing else matters. He was 63, he also had no kids. We understood and felt each other from the first meeting. And we've decided that it's time for us to build a family, which we had never had! I have menopause so we were not able to conceive a baby naturally. We didn't back down and decided to try ivf with donor egg. We've found clinic in Ukraine BioTexCom and went there. We became parents of 2 beautiful girls! They are 3 years old and we are the happiest family in the world! The service was good, their doctors are one of the best. They even helped us with our girls, when they were just born. Jorge and I were confused, we had no kids so we were scared to make something wrong. We didn't want to hurt our little babies. We didn't know how to hold our children and how to swaddle them, but the pediatrician and the coordinator of the program really helped us and showed how to do it right. They gave us recommendations how to treat our babies and we are really grateful about that. I've never regret about my decision. Finally I have big family I was dreaming about. I wish you and your boys all the best!

    ReplyDelete