Monday, September 21, 2009

Snap out of it!

Yes, I kicked myself firmly up the butt today. Chemicals be damned. We will have a family one way or another and hopefully it's this way. I am luck to be able to do this so shut up EB.

It's Monday. Oh joy unbounded. I got to my desk and the mountain of work and politics is a already starting to obscure the natural daylight (and still I find time to post!). Here's the game plan : head down, smile on, eye's straight and commence the low level barely audible threatening growl.

Went in the b/w this am. Last E2 count was 99 (haven't hear the word ultrasound for a week now) so we shall see what the pills and increase in patches has done. Donor is in week 2. WEEK 2!! Which means she is soon to be in the o/r for us.

I was thinking my way out of my chemically induced funk yesterday and I concentrated on our Donor. What a cool kid. I mean this kid is going through all the shots and the pain and hospital visits for me. Yes, she is being paid and if this was her first time I would be less inclined to admire her. But she has already given her brother twins and one other couple (to my knowledge) babies. She believes in this process as not just as a way to pay her way but as a gift, a true donation to my husband and I. How cool is that.
Whatever happens - Thank You Donor chick.

7 comments:

  1. Wishing you a better Monday and it's nice to know she's both a proven donor and one with a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your donor does sound special. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the safe affection for our donor who will start stims on Oct 10. Sending good wishes that your body reacts to the estrogen well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is pretty incredible when you think about it. Some young woman, still a kid really, taking all these crappy shots and pills that we complain our heads off about, and undergoing a surgical procedure - all for the benefit of a stranger. Now there's altruism.

    As for you, EB, I love the growl. You just lie in wait for anyone who might cross your path and continue to count down the days till transfer. A week left? Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for donor chick. You are getting so close! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent E2, i'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are more than the chemicals in your body. I am trying to keep this mantra too. You can make it EB! Yay for all wonderful donor chicks out there. I met a girl a party who did it. I told her how much it meant to those who needed her selfless act. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete