Sunday, January 17, 2010

Crazy lady

Thank you everyone, for all the support and ideas. I am now getting acupuncture, CST, gentle leg massages, chiro and psychotherapy!!!

The depression is lifting every day which is tremendous. I have suffered from anxiety all my life (no, really!) but depression is such a dreadful new experience. Anyhow, each day is a bit more glorious and I am hopefully a bit more pregnant!

So, thanks to your amazing help I have worked the progesterone tablets and shots into a routine that means the flu symptoms doesn't hit me like a brick every day and the morning sickness is being attacked on all fronts - jello, lemon drops, bittersweet (English candy), apples, ginger everything and lemons... lots of lemons.

I slept for 15 hours last night and so far have walked twice as far as yesterday. I have always exercised my way through decisions and this seems to be working, even tho I am shuffling like the crazy lady up and down the street - talking to myself and making really odd faces!!! I am hopeful that tomorrow I can make it to the pool.

Things are looking up (shh, don't say that too loud).

Thanks for sticking by me, folks. Your words were very comforting. You have no idea how much I hung on to them.

5 comments:

  1. Hi CL. I think you're handling all of this like a world-class athlete. Your endurance is incredible, as are your ability to hang in there and work through the pain, and your willingness to add new things to the routine to see if they work. Good to hear you are up and walking a bit, and that Old Man Depression is easing up. It will surely be an endurance marathon, but if anyone has what it takes to make it to the finish line, it's you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, EB! Keep on keepin' on with all the amazing things you're doing to take care of yourself! You have always been, and continue to be, an inspiration to me. ((Hugs))
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are feeling better EB! I hope you continue to get better with each passing day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear, I am so happy you are emerging. You are strong and you CAN do this! Just one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could be your cheering section while you walked up and down the street. Perseverance is a very admirable quality. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete