Friday, July 3, 2009

Spahhhhhh

We were going to try and go away this weekend - an island, a beach and some well deserved non medical R&R. Well, my back is still too painful to sit for more than 30 mins, so we didn't.

Instead we are going for a spa treatment. I am going for the deep sea body scrub (I find it as relaxing as a massage with the added benefits of the detox). After which we shall pop into a little local place for a bite to eat. Sounds like a beach holiday without the beach to me!

Because tomorrow is the 4th I went to my weight watchers meeting today. Crazy leader that kept asking one member to attest! Very strange. Anyway, even with the steroids this week I lost 1.4 pounds. I am amazed because this week I have had donuts from A.sia de C.uba (amazing) chocolate and ice cream. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but 1.4 pounds makes me very happy.

4 comments:

  1. A spa treatment sounds fantastic. Hope you have a relaxing weekend with your DH. Great about losing another 1.4 lbs! I always say a few goodies never hurt anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I went to Asia de Cuba about 8 years ago in the city - AMAZING! Remains one of my top 10 dinners.

    Congrats on the Weight Watchers commitment - it's so extremely difficult, I know! I just wish I didn't like food - that it was just a perfunctory need vs. getting any real enjoyment from it. Alas, I will always struggle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a super way to spend the holiday to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your spahhh idea. It sounds a bit more relaxing that sharing the beach with ten thousand other people on the 4th. Way to go on 1.4 pounds. It is a very healthy amount of weight to lose in a week. I am doing WW too. I'll see how I did for my first week next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete