Sunday, December 6, 2009

La!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's me singing ... rather well as it turns out. Jill - you saved my life with the tea suggestion- thank you!. Even tho I stood next to the worst singer who has no idea that she shouldn't be singing and is really frikkin annoying .... I had a blast. I thought about all you guys, all we have been through, all we have loved and lost and I sang my alto heart out.

I went to Ma.cy's to buy a new performance skirt since my old ones didn't fit anymore (insert smug smile here). I managed to not only wear but button up a cashmere cardigan I bought for my wedding but didn't fit back then. I felt and looked and sounded great. Not a bad celebration of us and ours.


Back to today. On the road again in an hour. Back to San Fran for a Monday meeting. Ugh. I do hope the airline has changed the damn movies. If not the choices I have left are a wil.l farr.ell movie or one about cancer. Neither one appeals. I downloaded a few documentaries - one about scrabble (I AM SUCH A GEEK) and I do have a Brahms score to prep so at least I have stuff to do.

I am pretty psyched about the whole DE cycle again. I don't want to be, to be honest. I want the fear to control, I want the disbelief to guide, but I am just not in that space. I am excited and I am ... oh no... hopeful. How strange to be afraid of hope.
But fuck it. Lets face it, all I have right now is hope. Can the second DE failure hurt more than the first? Maybe. Maybe not. I will just have to live through whatever happens. I googled low sperm count and De success rates and there wasn't too much I didn't know. Ironically, b-12 shots help increase sperm count and quality and my DH has been getting b12 shots from his diet doctor. I am wondering if the low count last week was just a fluke. He is normally much higher than that.

So, here we are. ET week. Dear Donor - get your groove on and give me some fine quality eggs. Dear Sperm Deity - let his little wigglers be healthy and strong - he deserves the chance to have his own biological kid for so many reasons. And dear DE goddess - please. I beg you, please.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Diva, I am thrilled your concert went beautifully...and that you looked smashing and enjoyed every minute. I wish like hell I could be in SF to meet you tomorrow, but, shit, I spent 12 hours yesterday working and at the moment I don't see any way out of the heap I am under. But wherever I am, I am sending thoughts and prayers every single day that my Christmas Wish this year is that YOU are blessed with a successful pregnancy. It just HAS to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hubby and I are documentary freaks. I loved the scrabble documentary. happy travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, EB, do stay excited! It is such a wonderful place to be! I want so much for everything to align for you this time - sending you every possible wish that it does!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad the tea helped and you were brilliant I'm sure. Sorry about standing next to Ms. Clueless - I always seem to end up there! Am pleased you are in a happy place (barring a bad airline movie), hope you stay there!

    ReplyDelete