Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hotter than a brazilian dancer's armpit

Good grief its hot today. I broke out the linen and summer tops (summer PREGNANCY tops :-)). Our apartment doesn't have central and the A/C is all packaged up still so here I am, melting on the couch. At least I get to go to the theatre this afternoon although with all the Times Square shenanigans last night who knows how long I shall be schlepping around!

Rested tons since Friday. We managed to go out for diner last night but that was only to a local place and it took less then two hours. The heat is a killer. At least I can now mentally plan ahead to trimester 3 in NYC summer heat. I ordered some linen pants for work, dug out my cotton dresses for the weekend (thank goodness we had the maxi dress craze last year) and ordered a bunch of prego t-shirts from Target (great value for money) and Gap.

All in all, I would say I am getting ready for THE HOME RUN.

Wow. June 3rd is the start of our 3rd Trimester. We are both running on anxiety right now although I am also very happy and excited. DH ... well, not so much. He is not sleeping, has horrid allergies and generally is as tense as a tennis racket. I am going to start making us really healthy meals so at least he has a ton of fuel in him. Maybe get some massages booked. I hope he can make it to the finish line!

1 comment:

  1. I love your descriptions...armpits, tennis racket! Always so funny! Well, sorry it's been so hot - and likely with a good dose of humidity. Good for you for cutting back on the work hours.

    I can't believe you're so close to the 3rd tri! Wow! It's the final stretch! I'm so glad that despite all the initial back problems you had, the pregnancy has been fairly problem-free. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete