Sunday, May 23, 2010

NICU & tears

Labor and delivery tour at Corn.ell was weird. Nerve racking due to the million rules and requests. I think it was a little bit overwhelming for DH ... oh lets not go there. I got a bit pissed off with all the DH angst. By last night I was just about done with what 'DH needs'. I was worrying about the fact what he was worrying that he didn't want kids and here I was, tyring to persuade him he wanted kids whilst 6 months pregnant and it all got too much. We went to she Sh.rek and by the time we got home I had to go to the bedroom and cry. Big fat tears.

Woke up feeling fine. I'm over it today. So I guess it was hormones!

Yesterday I didn't change the baby diaper - waaaaaay too much poop - but I did feed one a bottle and oh man I loved every moment. I had lots of cuddles and just couldn't stop inhaling that baby smell. Cannot WAIT till mine get here. Don't care what anyone else feels, says or does, I get to be there with my kids. The kids that I waded through hell and back to get. The kids that are the gift I never thought I would ever get the chance to have. Kids. My kids. My little monkeys.

Big smiles today. Big fat smiles.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful smell, isn't it? That new baby smell. I'm sure when we have our own babies here, they'll smell 100x's better to us than someone else's baby. :-)
    I can't wait to meet mine either. With all this discomfort (and let me tell you, there is a new one every few days now) I am still ultra-grateful to be pregnant because I never thought I'd have this chance again. I'll take all the aches and pains as long as I get my babies live and healthy. much love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is with the men? Tell me he did not say, "I am worried I don't want kids." Sorry, pal, just a wee bit too late. This is why God created mums...because on the days that DH's do or say stupid, thoughtless things (like, doing nothing for Mother's Day), the joy you get from holding, feeding, sniffing and loving your babies is what will get you though it. Is it August yet?

    ReplyDelete