Saturday, January 1, 2011

Twin sleep training update

They are four and a half months old. Their last feed is around 6-7pm. They have been napping from 4 - 6pm but it looks like they are getting earlier in their naps - 7am-9am, 11am- 1pm, 2pm-3pm and then grouchy little buggers until 6pm. So far they wake up if they lose the damn binky or if they have maneuvered their way into a crib corner and can't get out. I like to call this turtle alert!  Mimi can roll so I leave her to work it out. Pip, not so much yet so I help him by setting him back at the start line again - opposite corner of the crib. They haven't really needed to cry it out so far. Don't get me wrong - there are tears and screaming - but it lasts a few moments. We stick to our routine and it seems to work.

Supremo important part of routine: bath, bottle, book and bed at 6 - 7pm.  This is one of my favourite things in the world. DH reads and usually interjects his own brand of humor. We read from Ladybird books - the originals - which are somewhat macabre if truth be told. The hero usually gets either eaten or kills some kind of foe in a brutal way. Hey! we live in NYC, gotta toughen these kids up for playschool.

Ah play school. I think you guys call it pre school. I call it exorbitant. HOWMUCH!!!!  I am hoping they learn from master musicians at this 6 month old music and movement class for that amount of money.

Ahh the witching hour has begun. I hear ya babies - hard not to when you are blowing a gasket!!

No comments:

Post a Comment