Wednesday, January 19, 2011

And as if by magic...

...the little ones slept through the night - not a peep from 5pm to 6am. Both of them. Yeeeeeha!! I had 5 hours sleep straight (now if I can only train my cat to sleep thru the night).  I'm much less cranky since I have had some sleep. I feel much better about the phone thing and so many other things.

Big news - we tried Mimi on rice mush today.  She loves it,  although her ability to swallow is somewhat in question.  I was so emotional sitting there with the little spoon and the bowl, Mimi totally into the food and grinning like a charmer. Of course, now I am panicking about this new addition to navigate. We'll only give her the mush once a day and she's not really eating much, maybe a teaspoon full but still, change just when I was comfortable with where we were.

Oh I am so sleepy right now. It's cold and rainy outside. I am working on my bed to give the nanny some her space (I hated it when the folks I babysat for hung around) and all I want to do is snuggle down and sleep. Ah screw it - goodnight folks!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, congratulations on the all-nighter! Hope this is a continuing trend.
    Just a word of caution about rice mush - we started D on it about the same time, but had no idea rice is something that can cause constipation! We got the wheat cereal (same looking stuff) and all was well - not a huge deal but in case you have some difficulty this might help! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete