Thursday, June 10, 2010

28 weeks today!

WHOOHOOOO we made it to the first safety zone. If the little ones came today they would be in the NICU but have a strong prognosis for normal development. HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF

I had another growth scan today. They look dandy. 28 weeks, 2 pounds 11 ounces & 2lb 5 ounces respectively and they fall in the 50% range for singletons. Look how talented they are already. Cervix was 270 or something but a) they always measure short and b) on sat it measured 375 so whatever. I go again next week for another cervix check.

When I saw my monkeys on the screen I got so excited. My first reaction was relief of course, hearts beating (check) anatomy ok (check) growing (check) ok now I can enjoy. Look at those chubby cheeks, cute feet, crunched up hands. I was born sucking my thumb and it looks like my little girl is taking after me. Gametes be damned - these are my kids through and through. The boy has such cute round cheeks. Oh its gonna be amazing to munch on them. And the girl - she is gonna be some kind of athlete. Her legs are so long! They are perfect and wonderful and lovely and amazing.

This morning I ran a new format at work that was the culmination of weeks of preparation. I'm relieved and pleased to say that it went really well. I have secured my job for another year and now I can go on reduced duties with a sense of peace. From here on in I work 2 days at home, Fridays for sure and one other day. I am relieved coz this week has kicked my huge arse and I know I don't have the stamina to keep going at this pace.

Wow, 28 weeks. 7 Months. With two babies. I'm grinning like a fool!!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to 28 weeks EB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on reaching 28 weeks! :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEVEN whopping months! Fantastic! I love the descriptions of your monkeys...the feet, the cheeks, the legs - so wonderful to relish in those u/s images! And yes, EB, they are YOUR kids. Every tiny inch of them! Glad you've got the big work project behind you and you can relax a bit. You need to rest up for all that cheek-munching and tummy-kissing you're going to be doing soon!

    ReplyDelete