Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Year of the Wabbit

Xin nian yu kuai!
It's the year of the wood rabbit which a bit crap really. Lots of unsettled issues and conflicts. AS OPPOSED TO????  

Funnily enough this year has started off with DH and I discussing moving, getting new jobs and creating new experiences that we can do together (get your mind out of the gutter!).  We want to move coz our maintenance is sky high. It has been raised three or four times in as many years. My job should be the perfect job for a new mum with lots of flexibility but I am not loving it and have started having conversation around town. DH and I are writing an ad for a sea school in Florida together. This gives me a chance to flex my copy writing skills and he is the art dude.  That having been said, we haven't started the project and it is due in three weeks !!

All of this flux made me cry this morning. I was up with the kids. Pip was laughing at the TV, Mimi was snuggling and I just burst into tears. It was 5am which may have contributed to the emotional outburst. Also first day of Aunt Flo. However, I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed by it all. All I want to do is sleep. For more than 2-3 hours at a time. You hear that cats, kids, snotty husband and tap dancing elephants upstairs. LET ME SLEEP DAMN YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you - sleep deprivation weaks havoc with my emotions also. I had so little sleep on Thurs night that I was a wreck on Friday at work and couldn't wait to come home, put kiddies to bed and go to bed myself. Crying intermittently throughout the day....I really don't know when it's going to get better. As I sit here writing at 5:20am Sunday morning, my son was up at 4 and my daughter at 4:30. Dear God...when do they sleep until 6????

    ReplyDelete