Wednesday, February 16, 2011

There and back - feeling the strain.

I flew to California and back in 24 hours all so I wouldn't be away from my kids for more than one night. I got home at 1am and Mimi was AWAKE. I did the whole sleep training thing (secretly delighted that I got to watch her giggling and smiling away). I stumble to bed about 1.45am. Then at 2.20 she screams. She's hungry and wet. We haven't night fed in ages ... months.
I feed her a little bit.
Then at 3 Pip wakes up soaking wet.
At 4.40 they were both awake.
I gave up trying to sleep.

DH got up at 5.50 to help out. I went to bed and slept until 12. Whoops. I had a 9 am meeting!

I am hoping tonight they both sleep all night long.

Yeah, right.

This is hard core motherhood. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That was a whirlwind of a trip. And then to get no sleep. Sheesh! I can't believe you actually intended NOT to sleep through the 9 AM meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just getting caught up on all my backlogged commenting. I don't even know what to say about this post. That's incredible. I mean YOU'RE incredible. I can't even get out the door to work before 8:15 in the morning. Definitely hard core. But I still think you're luck to have two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I don't know if it well help or not, but at one time the boys went through a phase where they were waking up from soaking through their diaper. After trying multiple overnight diapers (which did help), we switched them to a larger size. The ended up sleeping better.

    I don't know if this would help your situation, but I hope something changes!!

    ReplyDelete