Saturday, February 19, 2011

6 month visit

Well, Pip has gone from the 3% to the 50% and Mimi went from the 50% to the 75%. We just went shopping for 'P' foods. Peas, Peaches, Pumpkin etc. So today was the first real food day. Well at least it was a sip of peas. Pip's face was a picture!!

We live about 1/2 mile from a baby food shop so for exercise I pushed both babies (30 pounds) and the stroller (plus tons of baby food on the way home) super fast all the way there all the way back. It was cold outside (started snowing) but I must have looked roasting hot (my face gets really red with exercise).

Poor Pip is teething. Mimi seems to handle it by ripping into soft toys. I think Pip feels the pain more. I put baby ora.gel on his gums and he screamed louder??? Either way there is lots of groaning and crying. Poor things.

As they get more active I am more and more aware of my body. Before I had the kids I was strong and agile. Now, my bones hurt. My pelvis seems permanently twisted and muscles twang all day. Anyone else know what I'm talking about??




2 comments:

  1. Lots of changes going on...new food and new teeth! I remember it taking a while for my baby to start liking his food. And just when we had the baby food down to a science, we were supposed to start giving him "real" food - which threw us for another loop, and more gagging.

    Did you try the orajel on YOUR gums? Do it. Teensy, tinsy amount. The stuff numbs really well - like, you could go to the dentist. So make sure you're not giving too big a dose or their whole mouths will be numb. The taste has that weird sweet-medicinal tang to it. Maybe Pip doesn't like the taste. But it will numb them and good.

    I know what you mean about the abdomen. Mine still feels weird and is much more sensitive. Pressing on it can be painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know exactly what you are talking about! During pregnancy, your body produces elastin to make the ligaments more flexible for birth. After my twins were born, it took a good 9 months before the pain went away. I would get out of bed and walk like a 90-year old woman.
    Also, my twins are now 16 months old and my body is just now getting back to pre-pregnancy shape. I only gained 40 lbs during my pregnancy and never really worked out at all. Don't get frustrated with yourself. It takes time.

    ReplyDelete