Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Anxiety reducer

I go to a support group every Monday. I've been going for about 8 years. There are 7 of us (one of us the therapist) and we are very different from one another in many ways. The one thing we have in common is we need to meet every Monday to work through our emotional baggage!  It was wonderful to open my heart and mind and feel the anxiety seeping away. These guys know me very well and their support is what I imagine a real family to be.

I got home and fed the little ones and then went to bed. I didn't get woken up till 3am. Whooppeeee.

I dare not hope for another night of extended sleep but if we were to have it... oh my, what joy unbounded.  I've noticed that my anxiety is not just lack of sleep though. It's the product of the lack of routine for us all, myself as much as the kids.  A good night of sleep would indicate that the kids are getting back to a recognisable routine, a safe and predictable routine, a routine that would allow me not to know what to do in some circumstances because we have the routine to fall back on. Without this recognisable routine I am flying in the wind, feeling that there is no safety or peace.

Does that make any sense?

No word from the sleep trainer yet. I'll keep you posted. No pun intended.  

No comments:

Post a Comment