Monday, October 10, 2011

little and often

One offspring is asleep in his crib. The other is keeping herself busy in the play zone (a dog pen with lots of toys and balloons).

Trying my very best not to give in to my moody blues! Totally knackered after the 10K yesterday which doesn't help. Also seem to have lost my appetite.  We made a valiant effort to get out and about today but came home when I realised I was standing stock still at the lights and they must have changed at least 3 times. Dazed and confused.

I keep thinking to myself that now is the time. Now is the time to grab life and make a difference. Then I think ... holy shit ... unemployed.  And I have a bad haircut!

OK. time to kick myself up the arse. I have a home, lovely kids and a wonderful husband.   And I can get another haircut. I will get another job, more money and enjoy it a 1000x more. I love this city and will have the chance to visit the museums and go to the amazing cinema's. I will write that article that has eluded me and most of all, I shall play with my wonderful kids.

Yes, this is working... what else???

I will win the lottery and wear cashmere all day. And start a foundation. And eat sushi whenever I like. Get an apartment with a working fireplace so we can all snuggle up together and read Winnie the Pooh.

Sweet - lets have lunch :-)


3 comments:

  1. omg!! You ran a 10k? You ARE superwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are coming to terms with this whole thing...I like that you're thinking in terms of sushi and cinema! Glad to hear the head hunters are after you and I'm sure you will make the most of this time with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you today EB and hoping you're hanging in there. I know it must be a huge, scary, pain for you, but I have to say, from my small town vantage point, the idea of headhunters is so exciting! I know you'll land somewhere amazing! Love,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete