1. Ask before you nag
2. Speak before you yell
3. Perspective before drama
4. Praise before criticism
Easy rules to remember and I shall attempt to follow them. I did try to explain to DH last night that I was frustrated with his lack of overall involvement and that it was becoming a problem for me. He went pale and all he heard was "I'm divorcing you'. I am not and will not divorce this man. I told him when we married that if we were going to go through the ceremony, divorce was not an option. Well, at least until either George Clooney or Colin Firth wise up. Or both. .... ....
where was I?
oh yes, my marriage.
So, I'm thinking of asking him to agree to this list of things he is totally responsible for.
1. Trash - taking it out every day
2. Kitchen bookending: clearing it up first thing in the am and last thing at night
3. Ordering the kids formula (a little risky I admit but we do have my boobs as back up and a pharmacy across the road)
4. Making the bed every morning
5. Providing us with a meal on Thursday night.
What do you think? It gives him clear goals, a common understanding of what success looks like and will help him navigate how he can contribute.
Or is just insulting??