Monday, November 1, 2010

Falling in Love

I am falling in love with my kids. This may seem an odd thing to say since they are about 11 weeks old. I've been fascinated and protective all along but that hopeless "falling in love" feeling that everyone has spoken or written about has taken its own sweet time to get here. I was starting to worry but yesterday was just me and the kids for about 12 hours straight and I was greedy to have them all to myself.
I realised I had missed having them all to myself. Holding Mimi, gazing at her perfection is a gift of indescribable proportions. And when Pip searches for me my heart swells I swear, I think it is going to burst. I know it sounds so streatypical but its true!! I am speechless in my adoration (clearly not -just typed the longest post in weeks).
When can I go home to my kids. I want to snuggle up with them.

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you! I too loved my daughter from the start, but that true "falling in love" feeling took a bit. I'm happy to say it just keeps growing with each day. She's 3 1/2 now and I never knew love could keep growing like this. :) Enjoy!
    Melissa in Durham

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quietly smiling as I read this post. Sweet. And I know what you mean. You have to know someone to fall in love with them. Know the cute things they do. The sweet sounds they make. The particular facial expressions. Once you begin to know them and build a true relationship, that falling kind of love begins. I'm so happy you're there!

    ReplyDelete