Thursday, September 8, 2011

pukapaloozi

Last night I had Mimi on the changing table. She didn't look happy. All of a sudden she let out a huge burp and streams of puke came out of her mouth. In between screaming fits puke,  that has forever cured me of my yearnings for cheese sauce,  came flowing. Pip was screaming, I was crying and trying to get Mimi's sodden jimjams off. She was washed and re- jimjamed in no time but I just couldn't put her down. She was fine - after all, she'd puked. I was a mess. In ever sense of the word. 

Apparently Pip had thrown up before I got home. He had had broccoli and some cheese sauce thing. He puked quietly and our nanny didn't notice until she turned around and sew his picking up the undigested pieces of broccoli and popping them back in his mouth! (I love that she told me this, it is a sure sign of her honesty). 

I stayed reading in their room for hours last night. It's cozy and they are there. They make me feel so much better, even after I have cleaned up an enormous pile of regurgitated cheese sauce. 

1 comment:

  1. Um, bleah. I hope the cheese sauce wasn't bad. Poor little ones. Well, Pip ate his puke this week and Scout got a dog kibble into his mouth before I could stop him. So.

    I know what you mean about wanting to be with them. I could easily move Scout's crib back to his own room - he sleeps through the night now. But I LIKE hearing him breathe at night. Not because I am fearful that he will stop, just because I adore the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete