Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The no good birthday gift ...

 ... a heavy cold. Thanks to the arse of a parent that brought their petri dish child to my kids first party. Damn my kids are SNOTTY!! Thing 1 & 2 are troupers tho. Last night they had temperatures and aches and the whole kit and caboodle. A few shots of magic English medicine (calpol) and snores for three / four hours at a time.

At 5am they were up again and we played in their room. I was so relieved that they felt better. Since the mornings are darker now it was really cozy what with their little side light on and the radio playing low. Then at 6am they went back to bed to sleep. So did I ... till 10.30am!!! Late for work is an understatement. 

It's funny how something as simple as a cold brings out the anxious nature in me. I worried all night - even when I was asleep. I guess the lack of sleep over the past couple of nights has taken its toll also. Mimi has been up and screaming for hours in the wee hours every night. I finally worked out she was cold.  Mother of the year. Not.




1 comment:

  1. Oh no....poor little Things. The snotty noses are horrible. Not only drippy and yucky, but the congestion interferes with their ability to sleep. And winter is coming, yeah, I'm not looking forward to it. Hope the kiddies are better soon.

    ReplyDelete