Thursday, October 28, 2010

Meds up. Mood up

Yep, I upped the meds. As much as I hate the idea of my mood being chemically produced I was reminded by my psychopharmocologist that my mood is a symptom of a chemical deficiency which is bad for me and the kids. And after two days of upping the meds - mood is much better (less irritable, less angry, less weepy, less tired).

We have smiling - the kids and therefore me. Mimi has the best damn smile ever, she just spreads that smile right across her chops and her eyes light up. And Pip, he grins! I swear ... grins!! They are both so lovely and so totally different. The sleeping routine is a nightly chore however last night Pip slept from 12 to 5 and Mimi from 12 to 6. Not bad for 11 weeks- ish. We are out of cash and therefore out of time with the sleep nurse. I hope she can work her magic before she leaves or else I am working 12 hours at the office and then spending every night up with the kids. I know millions of women have done and good on 'em. It will kill me!!
Please prey for long sleeps. Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Gummy smiles? Best. Things. Ever.

    x2? Awesome. You so deserve it.

    Glad you are feeling better. I've been going back and forth about asking for meds ... keep hoping to snap out of it, but that's the road to hell, isn't it?

    As for bfing/pumping ... lots of people swear by it for weight loss, but some of us are just the opposite. I don't snap back until 3-4 months after quitting (and this time, at my age, I may not snap back at all ... gulp). For me, I think my body hugs the calories ... maybe because I am a terrible meal skipper (and that's such a no no ... even more so bfing). Kicks my metabolism into famine mode. Not good.

    DH and I were wonderful all through pregnancy ... right about now I tell people we are tunring on eachother left and right, acting like crazed reality tv contestants chosen specifically for their colorful and unstable personalities. It's a stressful time. It does get better. Hang in there.

    Sending the sandman your way and crossing fingers for you. Sleep is so huge.

    Are you dressing them up for Halloween?

    ReplyDelete