Monday, July 16, 2012

Bliss

For mothers day this year the old fella got me a gift card for a massage at a bit of a swanky spa in Soho. Well, more swanky than the $10 'hole in the wall' places I go to in Chinatown anyway.

Today was the day I finally got to use it and oh. my. god. The masseuse was a genius. I fell asleep at one point. When I was sans kids I used to go for massages all the time and think nothing of it. The great pleasure of the money sucking toddlers is that they have brought 'relative pleasure' back in my life. No pun intended.  I make choices and therefore am more conscious of the pleasures I do receive.

It also gave my brain some much needed time off. I am prepping for the interview on Wednesday with (and I quote) "one of the worlds most influential" chick. Crapping it does not being to describe how I feel right now.  The meeting is in Washington and even tho it is a 90 min flight I am going the night before and paying for a hotel JUST IN CASE.


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, good luck!!

    I totally know what you mean about the massages. I've promised myself that as soon as I get over all of this health stuff, I'm going for a good massage and a facial.

    And yes, my 2.5 year old looks exhausted with circles. But then! It's been raining here for Weeks on end, and they don't supplement milk with Vitamin D here. Which reminds me that I need to supplement her with vitamins! Alas, it is such a chore to get them in her that we haven't been doing it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!

    I don't do massages, never have (I don't even let them massage my calves during a pedicure). Now, give me a facial and that's a whole other story.

    ReplyDelete